Philippines Trip 2012 with Mercy in Action

WELCOME!

The most recent posts are first. Scroll down to see previous posts.

There are more journal entries and photos to come....

This blog is dedicated to explaining my journey into naturopathic medicine, and updating on my upcoming trip to the Philippines. This July 2012 I will be going with a group from my school on a 15 day trip to work in a free birthing clinic in the Philippines run by Mercy in Action.

Thank you for your thoughts, prayers, and donations as I work toward raising the $3400 needed for the trip!
Please see the blog posts for updates.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”
Mother Teresa

Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Back home!

Back home, slept nearly all day!  ;)  In the past 2 weeks, we hiked through the Philippine jungle & cleared an area of land there for a tree nursery, harvested and built a bamboo fence for the garden, assisted in 3 births, did numerous prenatal and postpartum exams, passed out kids' multivitamins & did health education classes in the very poor areas of town, ate lots of mangos, then ate more mangos, and became very aware of how most of the time, we forget that we are a part of a beautiful extended global family.  I am thankful for how this trip reminded me of that.

This picture is when we were in a poor area of town, giving out vitamins and doing prenatal checks.  The kids all wanted to play with our stethoscopes!  :)

I didn't have good internet access during the trip, so I will post more pictures and journal entries soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment