Philippines Trip 2012 with Mercy in Action

WELCOME!

The most recent posts are first. Scroll down to see previous posts.

There are more journal entries and photos to come....

This blog is dedicated to explaining my journey into naturopathic medicine, and updating on my upcoming trip to the Philippines. This July 2012 I will be going with a group from my school on a 15 day trip to work in a free birthing clinic in the Philippines run by Mercy in Action.

Thank you for your thoughts, prayers, and donations as I work toward raising the $3400 needed for the trip!
Please see the blog posts for updates.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”
Mother Teresa

Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

April Fool's Food!

This has nothing to do with school, the Philippines, or any mission trips.  BUT it may make you smile  ;)

Brittney and my mom made April Fool's cupcakes yesterday.  They are delicious cupcakes inside, but decorated on the top as spaghetti & meatballs, mashed potatoes (complete with melting butter on top) and peas & carrots.

You can't quite tell from the photo, but the "meatball" looks SO real and even has "parmesan cheese" (white chocolate) grated on top.

Hope you had a fun April 1st and had some laughs!!!  :)

2 comments:

  1. They did look real!!! The ones that were the most tempting for me was the mashed potatoes with the butter pat on top. I didn't get to taste them though. 8^(

    ReplyDelete
  2. They looked awesome!! I didn't get to have one, but I'm sure they were great! I will be keeping you in prayer, Anne as you prepare for your missions trip to the Philippines! I know God has great things in store for you there!

    ReplyDelete